Tuxedo Zip Sack Supply List (2/16/19)
In consideration of others, please arrive promptly to class with all necessary supplies and materials.
General Sewing Supplies
- Sewing machine in good working order with zipper foot, and/or edge stitch foot, and/or ¼” foot
- Personal iron and ironing mat
- Cutting mat, rulers, and rotary cutter
- Fabric scissors and utility scissors for cutting zipper
The basic bag is made of three coordinating fabrics: a bottom fabric, a flange fabric (solid), and a fabric for the zippered top. The lining can be any of the fabrics, or a complimentary solid. See samples at the shop.
Please come to class with the following materials prepared:
- 1 piece of fabric 6” x 22” for the outside bottom of the bottom of the bag
- 1 piece of fabric 2 ½” x 14” from bottom fabric for key fob
- 1 piece of fabric 2 ½” x 22” for the top of the bag
- 1 piece of fabric 2” x 22” for the decorative flange
- 1 piece of fabric 8” x 22” for the bag lining (coordinating or plain)
- 1 piece of 8” x 22” Fusible fleece interfacing such as Pellon 987
- 1 new 22” YKK zip and fob hardware will be available in class for $4.00*.
- Fabric marker such as, Frixion, pencil, or water/air erase
- Fabric glue stick or double-sided tape (available at Paradise)
*(Do not plan on using metal zips, invisible zips, or something you found in the bottom of your sewing basket. Using other manufacturer’s zippers will require two zippers.)
Paradise Sewing Class Policies
- Full payment of fee is required at the time of registration.
- A credit or transfer will only be issued for registrations canceled at least 4 days prior to a class.
- Paradise Sewing reserves the right to cancel 48 hours prior to any class if participation level is below minimum.
- We will issue a full refund of class fees for any class we cancel.
Early registration discount:
Students must register at least one week before class starts to be eligible for a 20% discount on their class supplies.