Fabric Painting with Melanie - Notebook Cover Supply List (1/14/19)
In consideration of others, please arrive promptly to class with all necessary supplies and materials.
Before class, cut the following:
- Interior Lining; 14” x 29”
- Front Fabric; 14” x 16”, (2) 2” x 11”, (2) 2” x 12”
- Front Trim; (4) 1” x 11”, (2) 1” x 12”, (2) 1” x 13”
- Front Scene
- Sky; 4” x 11” blue batik
- Ocean; 4” x 11” blue batik.
- Beach; 3” x 5” white Pimatex
- Foreground 6” x 12” white Pimatex
- House; 5” x 6” white Pimatex
- Rocks; 6” x 6” white Pimatex
- Piece of cheesecloth
- Muslin; 11” x 11”
- Double-sided fusible, lightweight
- Art brushes
- 5 or more small water containers; i.e. yogurt cups,
- 1” masking tape
- Large cardboard and large garbage bag to carry project home
- Permanent black ink pen
We will paint fabrics in class in the morning. I will demonstrate the embellishments in the afternoon. They are time consuming and will be finished on your own. I used embroidery floss, small beads, yarns, silk ribbon, silver thread. We can make up kits from my supplies or you may bring your own. Kit prices will vary depending on what you take. Your colors in this project do not need to match mine so bring whatever you like-consider trading with your neighbor! You wil need browns, greens, and flower colors. You will need small needles for the beading and needles that will fit your embroidery threads. You will need various sewing threads and a thimble for mounting your embellishments. I did my embellishments by hand. Some of them can be done by machine, if you choose.
If you are a new student with no supplies, I will make you a kit with the basic painting supplies for a kit fee of $18.00. You will still need the fabric and embellishments.
Please let me know if you want a kit 5 days before class. Melanie 760-908-2368
Paradise Sewing Class Policies
- Full payment of fee is required at the time of registration to hold your space in class.
- A credit or transfer will only be issued for registrations canceled by student at least 4 days prior to a class.
- Paradise Sewing reserves the right to cancel 48 hours prior to any class if participation level is below minimum.
- We will issue a full refund of class fees for any class we cancel.
Early registration discount:
Students must register at least one week before class starts to be eligible for a 20% discount on their class supplies.