Sew Together Bag Supply List (9/1/18)
In consideration of others, please arrive promptly to class with all necessary supplies and materials.
Basic sewing supplies:
All supplies should have your name on them
- Sewing Machine in good working order with manual, power cord, control pedal, bobbin, and a walking foot
- Machine needles size 90/14 Microtex Sharps & Topstitch 100/16
- Thread - to match fabric (Mettler Metrosene All Purpose polyester thread, 40 wt. is great) You may want two colors.
- Pins - quilting pins
- Scissors - one for fabric (must be sharp, only used on fabric)
- Seam ripper
- Magnetic seam guide may be helpful (optional)
- Cutting Mat (please note - if left in hot car it will warp, also try to lay flat if possible)
- Rotary cutter & acrylic ruler for use with rotary cutter (6 x 24 or 6 x 12)
- Main Fabric Exterior - Fat Quarter (18 x 22)
- Lining fabric - 1/2 yard
- Pocket lining - 1/3 yard
- Binding - 1/4 yard
- Pellon Shape flex 101 interfacing - 2 yards
- 1 - 18" x 22" piece of batting or fusible fleece
- 1 - 18" zipper
- 3 - 9" zippers
Optional (add-ons to the main bag)
- Pincushion- fabric scrap 4"x 6", stuffing (crushed walnut husks or wool roving)
- Needle Landing - 3" x 4" wool felt
- 2 yards Shape Flex Pellon
858-472-5392 (text is great)
Paradise Sewing Class Policies
- Full payment of fee is required at the time of registration to hold your space in class.
- A credit or transfer will only be issued for registrations canceled by student at least 4 days prior to a class.
- Paradise Sewing reserves the right to cancel 48 hours prior to any class if participation level is below minimum.
- We will issue a full refund of class fees for any class we cancel.
Early registration discount:
Students must register at least one week before class starts to be eligible for a 20% discount on their class supplies.