Beginning Quilting with Jerre 2019 Supply List (1/23/19)
In consideration of others, please arrive promptly to class with all necessary supplies and materials.
- Sewing machine in good working order (1/4” presser foot if you have)
- Machine needles – Microtex 80/12 for piecing and Quilting 90/14 for quilting
- Thread for machine in light gray or beige for piecing and matching or complementary color thread for quilting
- Fabric Scissors
- Seam ripper
- Blue painter’s tape
- Rotary Cutter
- Rotary Mat
- Rotary Ruler
- Book: Pat Sloan’s “Teach Me to Make My First Quilt” or “Start Quilting” with Alex Anderson
- ¾ yard of Background (light)
- ½ yard of Fabric A (medium)
- ½ yard of Fabric B (dark)
The light, medium and dark colors should complement each other, but be different from the C and D fabrics. These three fabrics will make up the rail fence block.
- ½ yard of Fabric C (small center squares)
- ¼ yard of Fabric D (large outside squares)
The C and D Fabrics should be in the same color family, but different fabrics. These fabrics will make up the x design in the quilt. They are used in the Nine Patch block and the Offset 4 Patches.
The following fabrics can be decided on later after starting on your quilt top.
- 1 yard of Border Fabric
- 2 5/8 yards of backing and batting
- 1/3 yard for binding
If you have any questions:
Paradise Sewing Class Policies
- Full payment of fee is required at the time of registration to hold your space in class.
- A credit or transfer will only be issued for registrations canceled by student at least 4 days prior to a class.
- Paradise Sewing reserves the right to cancel 48 hours prior to any class if participation level is below minimum.
- We will issue a full refund of class fees for any class we cancel.
Early registration discount:
Students must register at least one week before class starts to be eligible for a 20% discount on their class supplies.